RE: [pygame] Pygame and OpenGL

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Arturo Espinosa Aldama wrote:

>On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Kevin Altis wrote:
>
>> Just out of curiosity, what online material and/or books are people using
>> for an OpenGL reference on how to do 2D/3D...?
>
>There's excellent reference in www.opengl.org.
>
>Particularly:
>
>http://ask.ii.uib.no/ebt-bin/nph-dweb/dynaweb/SGI_Developer/OpenGL_PG/
>
>OpenGL Programming Guide, completly on-line, but it is for the OpenGL 1.1
>spec (current is 1.2). Still a great place to start. Then you just have to
>know what's new in 1.2.

Personally I think the "Red Book", i.e. OpenGL Prgramming Guide (Addison
Wesley), is one of the books that is worth owning. It's very good, and if
you seriously want to learn OpenGL it's probably the best available
resuorce.

--
  "You can't trample infidels when you're a tortoise. I mean, all you could
                  do is give them a meaningful look."