[pygame] Pygame and OpenGL (and deployment)

I am a total ignoramus when it comes to all things 3D, and I may
never dig myself out of that hole.  But I do have a question, or
perhaps just some food for thought for everyone.

What does it take to deploy an OpenGL application?  I ask this
because it seems that the likes of Quake III had nothing but problems
in getting this  to work initially.  As a developer who may even
charge money for my work (probably not, but that's just how I think),
I don't want my customer/user to have to install the least bit of
anything other than the game to make the game work.  I suspect that
this will be easier under Windows than Linux, although that's
probably rather obvious.

I have successfully developed and deployed a demo app that required
no pre-existing libraries, etc. but that was just using PyGame+SDL
(back in the PyGame 0.2 days even).  And judging by some of the
projects based on PyGame out there that I've tried, that's a known
problem and not too hard anymore (at least under Windows).

But with OpenGL?

This may be a simple problem to solve indeed, but I was just curious.
 Sorry if this has come up before and I missed it.