Re: [pygame] Pygame and OpenGL (and deployment)

Vince Platt wrote:

> What does it take to deploy an OpenGL application?  I ask this
> because it seems that the likes of Quake III had nothing but problems
> in getting this  to work initially.  As a developer who may even
> charge money for my work (probably not, but that's just how I think),
> I don't want my customer/user to have to install the least bit of
> anything other than the game to make the game work.  I suspect that
> this will be easier under Windows than Linux, although that's
> probably rather obvious.

this day in age, things are a lot easier for opengl applications. back
then there were still so many problems with 3d hardware manufacturers
that had poor opengl drivers. and back then, linux support for opengl
acceleration was pretty much "on your own". nowadays it's much more
realistic to expect someone to have the opengl on their computer all
configured and working. if it isn't, it is usually a problem on their
end, not yours (the app deployer). :]

shipping standalone/binary applications with pygame is not a problem. i
don't imagine adding pyopengl in with the binaries would present any
problems either.

on the other hand, i don't believe anyone's really tried it either :]