Re: [pygame] Movie module

Lane LiaBraaten wrote:

I am having trouble playing a mpg using the python movie module.

I am using RedHat 9 and pygame 1.5.6 and python 2.2

When I make the movie.play() call the first frame shows on my screen for a second, then it's gone. If I move another window over part of the pygame window (and keep moving it around), the movie shows up and it's playing normally. But when I stop moving the window over top my pygame window, the movie disappears. It seems like some sort of buffering problem or something.

Try calling update:
pygame.display.flip()
pygame.display.update()