Re: [pygame] pygame for commercial use

It's a lot easier to just stick to BSD/MIT/Apache/PSF/etc. style licenses, where you can do whatever you need to do without getting in the way of any developer or corporation who may be interested in using your the software in some way.
The exact problem is that they can steal your code by taking it, making significant changes, and forcing you to buy it back from them if you want access to those changes. That really sucks. If someone wants a license to my code that's more friendly to them not having to give me back the changes they make then let them purchase a different license from me. Easy enough, puts money in my pocket, and keeps others from screwing me over. So I guess I should say that I like to license my code as GPL with the option to purchase a commercial license.

--
Michael <mogmios@mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org