Re: [pygame] Not getting mouse up event

I tried 'pump,' but it didn't help. I don't totally understand 'pump,' but
what I gather from the documentation is that, so long as you are making a
call to 'event' every tick, then you don't need it.

I am using Gentoo Linux and Pygame 1.6.1.

Also, the code I submitted was new, right before I mailed it, and I found that
it was also causing the input to frequently lock up. The game would be
running, but after a few seconds, all input, including clicking on the 'x' in
the window, would be disabled. I can't understand why.

Here's that code again:

 key_ups = [event.key for event in pygame.event.get(KEYUP)]
 mouse_ups = [event.button for event in pygame.event.get(MOUSEBUTTONUP)]

 key_downs = [event.key for event in pygame.event.get(KEYDOWN)]
 mouse_downs = [event.button for event in pygame.event.get(MOUSEBUTTONDOWN)]

 if K_ESCAPE in key_downs or pygame.event.peek(QUIT):
  sys.exit()

I changed it back to this:

 key_ups = []
 key_downs = []
 mouse_ups = []
 mouse_downs = []

 for event in pygame.event.get():
  if event.type == pygame.QUIT:
   sys.exit()
  elif event.type == KEYUP:
   key_ups.append( event.key )
  elif event.type == KEYDOWN:
   if event.key == K_ESCAPE:
    sys.exit()
   else:
    key_downs.append( event.key )
  elif event.type == MOUSEBUTTONDOWN:
   mouse_downs.append( event.button )
  elif event.type == MOUSEBUTTONUP:
   mouse_ups.append( event.button )

...but this hasn't had any affect on my original, not getting mouse up, issue.

-austin