Re: [pygame] Game/Multimedia Projects

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 10:10 +0200, C.Lee Taylor wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
> > On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:56 pm, Lionel barret De Nazaris wrote:
> >>A breakout or a space invader game would be more reasonable.
> >>To complete a game *is *hard.
> > Bah, that's why I run game programming challenges - to dispell this kind of
> > myth.
> 	No flame bait, but see allot of games start, I see allot of games with
> promise, but many never finish for many reasons, include RealLife(TM)
> issues.
>
> 	Game programming Challenges are great, but never have the polish or
> finish of commercial games.
>
> 	Games like Frozen Bubble http://www.frozen-bubble.org/ with backing
> have all the polish and finish, unlike the many games started on
> pygame.org ...
>
> 	I'm not knocking any of the game developers out, because I'm believe I
> understand how things happen, I'm just saying that allot could be said
> for people who can complete a package with polish and finish.

That's hard, but what's even harder is keeping up enthusiasm. It's
"easy" to make a game in a week. It's harder to spend a few months
polishing it. It's hardest to respond to the bug reports for a year and
a half later.

Just speaking from experience, but I suspect that's more than most
people on the list have (not directed at anyone in particular, just an
observation)...
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>