Re: [pygame] getting setup to use PyOpenGL for 2D

When I said that OpenGL isn't usable for 2D I mean that's too low-level,
so one needs to defince a higher-lever layer that removes the
comfortness parts, so one can focus on gamewriting.

consider that once you have set up some classes or modules with functions to handle the basic stuff you dont have to deal that much with opengl anymore. My aproach to learn 2D pyopenGL was to create a very basic module with a set of functions to draw lines, circles, rects and the basic to open a window and handle the events.
Slowly you can make it more complex, learning on the process. It is quite a good exercise i would say. But i was lucky to be able to attend a basic introduction to OpenGL in C that helped me getting some very basic understanding of how it works.

I am actually considering that some old versions of my 2D pygame-opengl framework would be nice to teach this kind of stuff ... I might try to clean it up and put it online, i might be giving a workshop on python graphics and it could be nice things for students to check out.
The latest version is available on
www.ixi-software.net/content/body_software_mirra.html
But I think it is too complex and probably not very good code, still it is a beta and there is so much to improve.

--
enrike