Re: [pygame] Sound format

> By the way, I've heard of a codec called Speex that has a Python
> extension, http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pySpeex/ . I thought it
> might be some kind of synthesizer, which would be neat (I built a little
> experiment towards one), but it looks like it's really a way to store
> audio, optimized for voice. Is this something that could have some use
> for PyGame?

Speex is an optimize Codex vor Speech and Voice. It is a great solution
vor Voice Chat and VoIP solutions. If you want to add a Voice-Comm to
your Game Speex would be a good solution.
The ScummVM Project also supports speex as codec for the speech files.
I tried it out, the compression rate is very good and the audio quality
too.

Christian