Re: [pygame] Pygame and dualhead displays?

On 11/1/06, Alejandro J. Cura <alecu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There has been a recent thread on this list about this same subject:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/pygame-users/3152065
Also, what platform do you intend to run your app on? win, linux, osx?
I can imagine a hack could be done for your specific case, using a
second window that plays the videos, but depends heavily on the
platform, and a bunch of other variables.

Windows XP Professional, exclusively.

I was thinking along these lines: Windows sees two displays as a one
big 2048x768 display. So, basically I create one big Pygame Surface
(no pygame.FULLSCREEN), and position it in the upper left corner of
the screen. I divide that Surface in half, and do the GUI interface
blitting in the (let's say) left part, and I render my videos in the
right part. Will that work?

There is also one more idea that I think is plausible: launching an
external video playback software (let's say Media Player Classic),
positioning it on the second display (TVout) and fullscreening it.
Would this be doable from inside Python/Pygame?

I'm in quite a pickle now, because I won't get access to dualhead
workstation for another 7-10 days, and I already wrote about 3-4 KLOC
of Pygame code that might just be useless :( :(. So any help on this
one is greatly appreciated...

--
Karlo Lozovina -- Mosor
"Parce mihi domine quia Dalmata sum."