Re: [pygame] Re:

Flash advertisements are the spawn of satan. Thank God someone made
adblock for firefox.

On 11/12/06, Bob Ippolito <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/12/06, Toni Alatalo <antont@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bob Ippolito kirjoitti:
> > On 11/12/06, Toni Alatalo <antont@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> javascript seems pretty cool nowadays,
> > You clearly don't speak from experience ;) Writing games in JavaScript
> > (for the DOM anyway) is a huge mistake unless it's simple and/or text
> > based, like a crossword game or sudoku. It's about four hundred
> i have had to web guis with javascript now for work, but yah have never
> before even considered a possibility for game-like things. but was not
> surprised to see sudoku on the site that was linked from hear earlier :)
> > thousand times easier to get it right in Flash, especially with regard
> > to event handling and browser compatibility. Flash also nets you
> > sound, vector graphics, more advanced networking capabilities, etc.
> sure, but
> > more advanced features and can require the Flash 9+ plugin then you
> .. sometimes it is nice to not depend on any plugin, perhaps.
> anyways it is kinda fun what kind of things are possible nowadays.
>
> i guess one reason i have not jumped on flash is that i sometimes seem
> to not have it installed so i'd work in my browser, and dont always
> bother to install it either :p .. and same with java too.

I'm guessing you use Linux then. Almost everyone else in the computing
universe has a Flash player readily available. Even then, there are
Adobe-supplied players available for x86 (32-bit) Linux, usually
installable via your distro's package manager. Hell, even many mobile
devices play Flash these days. There are even mobile phone platforms
where the entire UI is developed in Flash (mostly in Japan, IIRC).

Not to mention sites like Yahoo Maps, YouTube, Google Video, etc. that
all seem to be doing just fine requiring Flash 6 (possibly even 7).

http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/flashplayer/version_penetration.html

-bob