Re: [pygame] Incarnation

Farai Aschwanden wrote:
Do you send it over the IP adresses? How you surpass firewalls and NAT?

Am 24.11.2006 um 21:28 schrieb Kamilche:

Farai Aschwanden wrote:
Really great work! Also my compliments and respect to the GFX artist. ;) You pushed the game level of Pygame definately higher!
One question: How did you solve the chat sync? Do you pull the text inside client from the server like every 3 seconds or so or do you spread it by server to all clients?
Greetings
Farai

Thanks! I've worked on it for a long time. I spread it by server to all clients.

Have the client make an outgoing connection to the server, and you'll bypass most firewall issues. Firewalls prevent mainly incoming connections on strange ports.