Re: [pygame] centered screen position using SDL_VIDEO_CENTERED

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 10:16:41AM +0000, Boer Kees wrote:
> <snipped>
> #my goal? to have a window at least under W32 (but preferably
> #crossplatform!), behave well, like a normal window?
>
> #I want my user to have a fresh window put in the middle, he places it
> #somewhere, resize it somewhat, and then, when the user closes the
> #window: i save the settings, so I start up at the same place, same
> #size, next time! now, THATS service!
>
> #any ideas???
Hi,

if you've got a recent version of Pygame installed (SVN 1052, otherwise
known as pygame-1.8.0rc3.win32-py2.X.exe) then you could try my Pygame
Window Manager Extensions:

http://www.pygame.org/projects/9/515/?release_id=878

which work on Windows and X11 (I haven't got a Apple machine). You get

"...window positioning and sizing, maximize, restore, iconify, activate,
show, always-on-top, coordinate conversion, work-area, and
non-rectangular window shapes..."""

It makes fairly simple calls to win32/Xlib functions using ctypes (which
you'd need to install if you use Python-2.4). There's a couple of demos
and I've used it do the window position save/restore thing, although it
isn't very slick (and isn't included in the demos),

regards,
John.