Re: [pygame] board game

On Nov 15, 2007 11:00 PM, marta sanz <p22sacam@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've left the board game for a time, and now that I have time again,
> I have returned to it..
>
> Can I do new=pygame.rect(10,20,30,40) ? I mean, I do load an entire
> image of my game board, that will be the surface,  and then, as
> Samuel said, I've tried to create invisible squares over it using
> rect function, but, do I need to load an image -many as squares have
> my board- , make it invisible and take the rect from it?

That would be extremely complicated compared to what you actually need
to do -- you only need the rects, so only create the rects.

The following code will create one rect for each square in a grid.
perhaps you can use it as a base.

import pygame
# you can adjust the following parameters to change the size of the grid
# and the size of each square
numsquares_x = 7
numsquares_y = 6
square_width = 32
square_height = 32
squares = []

for x in range (0, numsquares_x):
  for y in range (0, numsquares_y):
    thissq = pygame.rect (x * square_width, y * square_height,(x+1) *
square_width, (y+1) * square_height)
    squares.append (thissq)