Re: [pygame] Linux binaries

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 06:10:03AM +0800, yanom @linuxmail.org wrote:
> I understand you can use py2exe to make your python program into a Windows executable, but is there a tool for making them into a Linux binary? I want my game to run faster.

cx_freeze can bindle your python application into a linux program
similar to how py2exe bundles an exe file for Windows

However, you are mistaken if you think this will cause your program to
execute faster. There will be no meaningful speed difference.

You might want to look into psyco. The psyco module can usually make
your python program run faster on most processors.

But if you are really serious about making your program faster, you need
to learn about profiling.

---
James Paige