Re: [pygame] Linux binaries

yanom @linuxmail.org wrote:

I understand you can use py2exe to make your python program into
a Windows executable, but is there a tool for making them into a
Linux binary? I want my game to run faster.

If you're thinking that py2exe makes Python programs run faster
on Windows, you're assuming wrongly. All it does is bundle up
the bytecode files with a copy of the interpreter into a
convenient package.

There's a tool called "freeze" that allows you to do something
similar on unix systems, but it won't make anything run faster
either.

The only way to improve speed is to re-code the cpu-intensive
parts using something more efficent, such as C or Pyrex.

--
Greg