Re: [pygame] Shaders and Examples not Working

Ian Mallett wrote:
Hi, yes,

I noticed that for some reason my computer doesn't require this, but nearly everyone I've talked to seems to need it. Is there a reason why glutInit() is required on some computers and not on others?

Ian
GLUT has some book-keeping stuff that it needs initialized, and IIRC it needs some help with shutting down that we set up in glutInit. Basically if you are calling *any* glut function you need to have glutInit called to be sure it will work.

HTH,
Mike

 Mike C. Fletcher
 Designer, VR Plumber, Coder