Re: [pygame] my rpg game (so far)

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 05:06:08 -0400
Michael Fiano <michael.fiano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am stuck. I realized I need to blit the player the the map surface
instead of the screen so that I can position the player at a given map
position. The problem is if i change line 66 of player.py from:

self.screen.blit(self.playerimgs[self.frame], (self.x,self.y))

to:

self.background.blit(self.playerimgs[self.frame], (self.x,self.y))

The map (also on the background surface) does not get repainted
properly. The player leaves trails when he moves. I'm not sure how to
fix this, or why it even occurs. Somebody enlighten me?