Re: [pygame] Linux binaries

On Nov 5, 2008, at 4:48 PM, yanom @linuxmail.org wrote:
What's Bogosort?

Back in my day, we didn't have Wikipedia, we had the Jargon file, and we LIKED it. (Note that although if I am really to show my age, I have to decry the Eric Raymond "update" which, to a large extent, diluted the winnage of the original. But the original does not have an entry for Bogo-Sort, so there you go.)

http://catb.org/jargon/html/B/bogo-sort.html

It is highly educational and entertaining to read these old repositories of wordplay and politics. For instance, you probably have always frobbed things (it's part of the hacker DNA), but now you can understand the distinction between frobbing, twiddling, and tweaking, and this might actually come in handy at some point. See also the story about Magic in the Appendix.