ubuntu sound crappiness Re: [pygame] SDL_gfx integration

hi,

check out this thread:

From this thread and notes on the SDL mailing list, it appears pulse
audio is emulating alsa, and causing the delays.

Apparently removing pulse audio fixes the problem... hopefully the
ubuntu/pulse audio people will fix it though.  Better would be if
ubuntu tested their OS with realtime/multimedia
apps... and consider problems like non-working sound, and poor latency
serious issues.

cu,