Re: [pygame] ugh!

you need to install pygame for python 2.6 too.

Different versions of python don't share packages.

cu,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 2:26 PM, yanom @linuxmail.org <yanom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
oops! sorry! I accidentallly hit the enter key while typing in the subject box, and it sent the mail.
What i ment to say was...
ugh! upgrade problems.

i upgraded my  python from 2.5.2 from 2.6 by running every step of the install instruction as root on my Ubuntu. After i added 2.5.2's sys.path to 2.6's by adding an

export PYTHONPATH=/all/of/:/the/paths/:/go/here/:$PYTHONPATH

statement to my /etc/bash.bashrc, I logout, then log back in, and do:

$ python

(thus launching python 2.6)

and do this:

>>>import pygame

And now it gets all cranky and says:

no module named pygame.

WHAT IS GOING ON???

=
Moving & Storage
San Antonio Moving & Storage Solutions. Family Owned & Operaged.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=e1aa04af53120fba4eb2f9167d904912