Re: [pygame] Licensing Issues...

Ah yes... I tripped over that remark as well... Any idea as to what the specific sentence means? That it is outside the scope of the license? Does that mean something even more liberal, as in "do as you please"?

Regards,

Gazoo

Brian Fisher wrote:
Yes, you're right. I thought the Library GPL was essentially an "older version" of the Lesser GPL which is why I was just saying LGPL. I could be wrong, but I always understood they were equivalent for the purposes I care about anyways (I think the Library one is actually less restrictive than the Lesser one)

The clause of the Library GPL that is the important one in terms of linking with proprietary stuff is 5: "A program that contains no derivative of any portion of the Library, but is designed to work with the Library by being compiled or linked with it, is called a "work that uses the Library". Such a work, in isolation, is not a derivative work of the Library, and therefore falls outside the scope of this License."

it's that part above that make