[pygame] Events of joypad

Hello everybody!

I'm new to the list in python as well. I am studying the Pygame library and wrote the following script:

import pygame
from pygame.locals import *
from sys import exit

pygame.init(

)
SCREEN_SIZE = (800, 600)
screen = pygame.display.
set_mode(SCREEN_SIZE, 0, 32)

font = pygame.font.
SysFont("arial", 16);
font_height = font.get_linesize(
)
event_text = []

while True:

event = pygame.event.
wait()
event_text.append(
str(event))
event_text = event_text[-
SCREEN_SIZE[1]/font_height:]

if event.type == QUIT:
exit()

screen.fill(
(255,255,0))

y = SCREEN_SIZE[
1]-font_height
for text in reversed(event_
text):
screen.blit(
font.render(text, True, (0,0,123)),(0,y))
y-= font_height

pygame.display.
update()

It captures all the events (actions) of my keyboard and mouse and write in a window that he creates. But, theoretically, it should capture the events of my joypad too, but it does not. How can I make this script also captures the events of my joypad?

I am developing in the IDE Geany in Ubutu 9:04 and my joypad is a Leadership Gamer Joypad Attacker 6740.

Thaks.

--
Jackson Raniel