Re: [pygame] Citing PyGame in papers

In academic papers, they often attribute a team effort like this:

Pete Shinners, et al.

"et al." is short for "et alia", which is Latin for "and others" (strictly speaking, "alii" is the plural of "other"). I'm pretty sure I've actually seen "et alia" on some papers too.

If you want to make it clearer and avoid the Latin (I'm all for clarity) then you might prefer something like:

Pete Shinners and others

Best wishes,

	- Miriam

Ryan Hope wrote:
Is there a preferred way to cite PyGame in a journal article? At the
moment I am using the following BibTex entry but I am not sure how
correct this is.

@Misc{pygame,
author = {Pete Shinners},
title =	 {PyGame},
howpublished = {\url{http://pygame.org/}},
year = {2011}
}

--
If you don't have any failures then you're not trying hard enough.
 - Dr. Charles Elachi, director of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory