Re: [pygame] Citing PyGame in papers

Well I belong to a Cognitive Science lab and we do a lot of
computational models of human performance in a wide range of tasks. I
have a whole battery of tasks written in PyGame from basic
psychological paradigms to 1980's style vector based arcade games. I
have pygame versions of various visual search tasks, the n-back task,
the flanker task, go-nogo, the antisaccade task, multiple object
tracking tasks, SSVEP tasks. They are all capable of integrating with
out eye trackers and EEG.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 1:17 AM, Alec Bennett <wrybread@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what would be an example of an experiment you conduct that involves PyGame?
>

> On Nov 8, 2011, at 1:13 PM, Ryan Hope <rmh3093@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> PyGame has increased my productivity as a research by an order of
>> magnitude. Experiment that used to take me weeks to code up in C/X11 I
>> can write in an hour or 2 using pygame and they are more portable.

>>> Actually, we created a Python package that was specifically made for
>>> this purpose, which is also heavily based on PyGame
>>> (http://expyriment.googlecode.com). In fact, PyGame is very suited for
>>> these kind of things, since it handles most important aspects
>>> regarding stimulus presentation and user input. If you think about it,
>>> at a certain level, experiments and video games are have a lot in
>>> common. And PyGame is a superb package for game programming in Python.
>>> So for most people who want to write experiments in Python, the first
>>> stop will always be PyGame.
>>>
>>> Florian
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.fladd.de - fladd.de: Homepage of Florian Krause
>>> blog.fladd.de - fladd's Blog: Blog of Florian Krause