Re: [pygame] Citing PyGame in papers

Likewise!

I'll soon be in my PhD program in computational ecology, and will certainly use pygame along side R, depending on what kind of visualizations, etc. that I need.  It's just so handy a tool to have!

-Lee-

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Florian Krause <siebenhundertzehn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I create my experiments in PyGame so I figured I would cite it just
>> like the people who create their experiments in software like E-Prime.
>>

> Cool.  by the way, I think it's really great that PyGame is used in
> experiments, and is getting cited somewhere!

Actually, we created a Python package that was specifically made for
this purpose, which is also heavily based on PyGame
(http://expyriment.googlecode.com). In fact, PyGame is very suited for
these kind of things, since it handles most important aspects
regarding stimulus presentation and user input. If you think about it,
at a certain level, experiments and video games are have a lot in
common. And PyGame is a superb package for game programming in Python.
So for most people who want to write experiments in Python, the first
stop will always be PyGame.

Florian

--
www.fladd.de - fladd.de: Homepage of Florian Krause
blog.fladd.de - fladd's Blog: Blog of Florian Krause