Re: [pygame] trouble w/ SRCALPHA in 1.9.2-cp27

I'm not saying it's permanently dead. Existing maintainers may find more time to work on it again. New people might turn up and help to push it forwards. It's happened before - I successfully agitated for the 1.9.2 and 1.9.3 releases to happen, several years after 1.9.1.

Yesterday, I got the tests working on Travis CI again, so people can submit pull requests and expect the tests to pass. Here are some things people could do:

1. There are several pull requests awaiting review from someone who knows C and/or the Python C API: https://github.com/pygame/pygame/pulls

2. There are about 100 open issues: https://github.com/pygame/pygame/issues . Obviously if you can fix one, that's great, but if you can suggest how it might be fixed, or what the underlying problem might be, that could make it possible for someone else to fix it.

3. Triage! Check if you can reproduce a bug and supply more details. Issue #340 on Github is a good example: it could be affecting almost all Mac users, or only a few in specific situations. Does it depend on how you installed pygame? Your version of Mac OS? Is it already fixed in the latest pygame release, or in master? It needs someone with a Mac to investigate it.

4. If you're more into web programming or databases, the pygame.org website could use some work, at https://github.com/pygame/pygameweb . For starters, I've opened several issues about setting up a local site to test changes on: I found this process tricky, and its a barrier to people contributing to the site itself.

Thomas