Re: [pygame] Pygame Read MIDI Input

Hello,

- what OS are you using?
- What does this list?
python -m pygame.examples.midi --list

- With the input id from the list, does this work for you?
python -m pygame.examples.midi --input 1

cheers,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 3:38 PM leonhardwolf <leonhardwolf96@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
MidiInput.py <http://pygame-users.25799.x6.nabble.com/file/t497/MidiInput.py

Hi,

Some info in advance so you can not say I did not do research:

I have been googling for quite a while now without success. Code that worked
for other people did not let me read any input Midi data. I also wrote a
question on Stackoverflow which has not been answered.
So I hope that maybe you users in this forum specifically for pygame may
have suggestions.

Problem

My goal is to simply read the Midi data from a USB Midi interface. However,
'pygame.midi.Input.poll' always returns 'False'.
I tried two different USB Midi interfaces that do work in my audio software.
Also, I tried every input device ID that was available.

My code is attached as a .py to this email.
I would be super happy for suggestions!
Feel free to ask if you need further clarifications.

Thanks in advance,
Leonhard

--
Sent from: http://pygame-users.25799.x6.nabble.com/