Re: [pygame] SDL music question...

> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>    File "pp.py", line 4, in ?
> >>      music.load('/home/mp3/sq.mp3')
> >> pygame.error: Module format not recognized
> >
> > hmm, this comes up from time to time in the #python chat room.
> > i believe the solution has been discovered, but i can never
> > remember what the status is... (/me looks for the handoff?)
>
> Ah, cool! Will wait to see if anyone here knows, and I'll get to lurking
> #python. Thanks for the tip.
Last time I checked that when it came up in #pygame (yeah.. #pygame.. not
#python ;) I also couldn't get it to work myself but found a simple
workaround in using the smpeg module to play mp3s. Using pygame.movie works
perfectly fine for my mp3s except for the endless looping (but you can still
use Movie.play with a *large* loop number)..
btw Pete.. what about having a Movie.play(-1) for endless loops similar to
mixer.music.play ? (or is it already implemented that way and just not
mentioned in the docs?)

--
Raiser, Frank aka CrashChaos
IRC: irc.openprojects.net #pygame

"A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat
which isn't there."                -- Charles Darwin