Re: [pygame] SDL music question... (SOLVED)

Finally, I got someone in #sdl to listen.  The code
for examining file types is based on magic signatures
(which only a few file formats have).  The exact code
is at
http://cvs.lokigames.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SDL_mixer/music.c?rev=1.25&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

in which you can see if a file fails all magic number
test it defaults to MOD

        } else
#endif
#ifdef MOD_MUSIC
        if ( 1 ) {
                music->type = MUS_MOD;

if (1) is the test for MOD magic siganture (braindead
as I said before), so if your file failed the test for
mp3s it was automatically treated as a mod.  And so
Sam Lantinga said he would fix it to use file
extensions.  It's not a broken mp3 or something in
pygame, it will be fixed in the next SDL_mixer most
likely.  And probably in the CVS in the next few days.
 Is this what open source is all about or what?