Re: [pygame] SDL music question...

--- Pete Shinners <shredwheat@mediaone.net> wrote:

> yeah, sorry about the wrong directions (the old
> before bedtime email
> bug). #pygame is where it's come up. something in
> SDL_mixer is getting
> confused, as it's trying to load the MP3 as a MOD
> file. (which of
> course, gives an error). i'd also double check that
> your SDL_Mixer was
> built with MP3 support. it is not by default, and it
> requires the SMPEG
> library for decoding.

Last time I checked, I was the only person to
experience this problem.  And I know it's not pygame
cuz someone gave me some C code that also tried to
load the mp3 ad a mod.  The source code must be
braindead for determining what a given file is, and
there is not a way to force a specific type - like an
extra flag, or a loadAs function...  None of the SDL
people seem to give this problem a second glance and
claim it's a bad mp3 encoder.  Try to go into the #SDL
room on openprojects.net and bug them for a
known-to-work-with-SDL_mixer mp3 file and try that.