[pygame] FWD: writing a simple GUI

The list recieved this message from an unsubscribed address with an invalid
mail address, i dunno if the original auther will ever see any replies?

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Chris" <dont@spam.me>
To: <pygame-users@seul.org>
Subject: writing a simple GUI
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:08:50 +1000

Hi PyGamers,

I'm pretty new to pygame, but I'm very impressed with how simple and
powerful it is.

I am trying to write a hex map editor that can scroll and zoom a hex map,
maintain a 'status' panel, and have a small number of pop-up menus,
depending on where the mouse is right clicked. It also uses a bitmap as a
mouse cursor.

I've got code to draw, scroll and zoom the hex map, and I've got code that
draws a menu. My difficulty is that each of these objects needs its own
event loop, but they also need to write bitmaps to the display surface, and
maintain the cursor. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to best do this?

Cheers,

Chris