question for ShreadWheat + Re: [pygame] image, music & sound

 --- azazel <azazel_arms@yahoo.it> wrote: > Hi
pygame-users, I've three question for you:

> 1)What kind of image format is the best for pygame?
> I know that pygame supports
> many format like JPEG, PNG, GIF, what should I use
> for my sprite?

png is a good general format, as it can do 8bit,
32bit, and transparency.

> 2)And sound effect instead? Pygame can load wav
> files, there is a better
> alternative?
>
> 3)What format should I use use for backgroud music?
> midi, ogg, mp3 ...?
>

> thak you

Oggs are good for music.  You can use mod files too.

This is a question for ShreadWheat(or other pygame
developers):
Where would support for decompressing .ogg files into
Sound objects go?  Would it be ok to put it into a
seperate module, or should it be put into mixer?

As there is some fairly simple looking example code in
the ogg distribution for decompressing .oggs, and I'd
like to try adding it.