Re: [pygame] Re: question for ShreadWheat

Pete Shinners wrote:

>Andrew Jones wrote:
>

>>ogg support for pygame would be very cool.
>>Im most likely missing something but when I downloaded + compiled +
>>installed the latest cvs version of SDL_mixer and tried playing a ogg
>>file  and got the following:
>>
>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "oggplayer.py", line 24, in ?
>>   main()
>> File "oggplayer.py", line 16, in main
>>   sound = pygame.mixer.Sound("best_foot_forward.ogg")
>>pygame.error: Unrecognized file type (not VOC)
>>

>make sure you compile SDL_mixer with support for OGG, you might need a
>--enable-music-ogg in the ./configure command. i was just looking at the
>cvs code last night and there are no extra functions. it is all handled
>internally so pygame needs nothing extra for it to work. hmm, it looks like
>the configure tool will default to using ogg if it can find the correct
>libraries.

Yeah it configures fine. I tested it with the playmus program.

>just to make sure, try playing OGG on the music object and see if they work?
>    pygame.mixer.music.load('best_foot_forward.ogg')
>    pygame.mixer.music.play()

That worked (: Theres somthing very cool about using pygame to play a DJ
Shadow ogg . hehe

Is support only going to be for pygame.mixer.music? or can we
(eventually) load up ogg files into sound objects with pygame.mixer?

I cannot wait to get this all going in Pyzzle. darn study getting in the
way of the real important stuff ):

>i also just submitted a patch to SDL_mixer that should clear up that error
>message :]

Spiffin.