[pygame] transform.scale() freezes mouse in fullscreen

Hi,

I'm working on a slideshow viewer using pygame (I'm using winxp, pygame1.5.6
and python 2.3.2)

The program scales some very large JPEGs (ie: 2018x1536) to fit your screen,
and I found that while doing this, the mouse freezes. Once the scaling is
finished, the mouse starts working again. This only occurs when the program
is running in fullscreen mode, in a window the mouse does not get 'frozen'
for some reason.

I attatched a sample program to show this (note it is .pyw, normal .py
programs won't go into fullscreen mode on my computer for some reason.)
Place a large (a few megabytes) jpg file named 'large.jpg' in the same
folder and try running the program. On my 800mhz P3 machine it freezes for a
second or so. Anyway, I was  curious to see what you guys think. The
transform.scale() obviously takes control of the program and stops anything
from happening, but shouldn't the mouse keep working? It doesn't affect my
program too much, but is a minor annoyance.

One more thing.. any chance of a filtered /anti-aliased version of
transform.scale in future versions? :)
Thanks for the help, pygame is a great library!

 -Eric