Re: [pygame] Starting from IDLE

On Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003, at 08:24 America/New_York, Sami Hangaslammi wrote:

Don't run from IDLE. That's the only solution I can offer. IDLE uses Tk
and its event loop messes with pygame events.

Do the editing in IDLE and run your program from the command line.

How do you solve debuging ?
That's a good question. I don't think I've every used the debugger in any
pygame project. Most of the time, I get tracebacks that pinpoint the
problem accurately, and other cases are solved by a couple of print
statements.
There's nothing stopping you from using pdb from the command line, well, as long as it's not a full screen application.

-bob