RE: [pygame] Forum

On Tue, 2003-10-16 at 15:25, Erlend Strømsvik wrote:
> My experience is that forums makes it a hell of a lot more easier for
> beginners to get into the feel and shape of things. It's much more
> flexible at providing relevant information for other people to read and
> search through.
> Also, and maybe this is most important IMO, you get a much stronger
> community using forums, since you can have 'general forum', 'programmer
> forum', 'project forum', 'request forum', 'community forum' etc.

I'm all for forums as long as they're accessible also by e-mail (read
and write) just like a mailing list.

I believe that there are also good generators which make searchable
web-accessible archives from mailing lists. At least mharc [1] (a part
of MHonArc [2]) does something like that.

A first step would be to submit this mailing list to The Mail
Archive.[1] It's a searchable archive of mailing lists. It's also
possible to import old messages from the list into it using a special
tool. See the FAQ.[2]

[1] http://www.mhonarc.org/mharc/doc/
[2] http://www.mhonarc.org/#whatis
[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/