RE: [pygame] Forum

> Thank you all for the IDE suggestions. My next question is if there
are
> any plans for a Forum, it would probably help you guys from having to
> answer the same questions all over again since a forum tends to be
more
> accessible.
>
> Bo)

I made a 'hint' about this earlier but it seemed to me most people
didn't like this.....

I could however point to http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/
(GameDev.net) as proof about how good forums really are. You can search
back for several years there, it's easy to inlcude code etc. Bumping of
a subject brins it back into 'focus'...
Take a look at this:
http://www.gamedev.net/banman/banman.asp?ZoneID=16&Task=Get
Someone posting a project and then keeping it updated with one thread.
Much easier doing this with a browser than anything else....

Other exmaple of a huge project using forums:
http://forums.oscommerce.com/ (osCommerce)

My experience is that forums makes it a hell of a lot more easier for
beginners to get into the feel and shape of things. It's much more
flexible at providing relevant information for other people to read and
search through.
Also, and maybe this is most important IMO, you get a much stronger
community using forums, since you can have 'general forum', 'programmer
forum', 'project forum', 'request forum', 'community forum' etc.
But if you don't like being social there probably won't be any need for
something like this ;)

Regards
Erlend Stromsvik