RE: [pygame] Starting from IDLE

> When I run a pygame program from IDLE (windows IDE) the game window
> doesn't close when the application stops.
> I have to press CTRL-ALT-DEL to close the window. Am I missing
something ?

> Bo)

I don't know why this happens to you...

This is an example of a small program which will run in IDLE, SciTE (a
much better editor than IDLE: http://www.scintilla.org/) and whatnot and
when I hit escape or click on the upper right 'X' the window will close
and everything returns back to 'normal'.

###############################
def main(winstyle = 0):
    running = 1
    while running:
        #get input
        for event in pygame.event.get():
            if event.type == QUIT or \
                (event.type == KEYDOWN and event.key == K_ESCAPE):
                    # jumping out of main loop
                    return

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()