Re: [pygame] MP3 and pygame

Kristofer Wouk wrote:
pygame.mixer.music.load('somefile.mp3') I get:
pygame.error: Module format not recognized
i have a feeling your problem is an ID3V2 tag on the file. SMPEG doesn't seem to recognize MP3 files with this extra data. the "file" command can tell you what tags are on the mp3.

since you compiled from source you likely have the "playmusic" command from SDL_mixer. try that out on the mp3 file too. It should have the exact same results as pygame, but we won't rule out a bug just yet.
(maybe it was "playmus", i can't quite remember)