[pygame] pygame to py2exe potential bug?

I am nearing completion of my pygame based adventure game, 'The Witch's Yarn'. One of the judges for the Independent Game Festival found an interesting bug in the build that py2exe created.

He found that if you have a folder name, in the exe path, that contains an apostrophe, the application refuses to launch. For example:

c:\TheWitch'sYarn\dist\main.exe

will fail to launch, but

c:\TheWitchsYarn\dist\main.exe

will launch just fine.

I've tried to reproduce this bug by launching my game from the original main.py, (before py2exe processes it) but an apostrophe in the file path doesn't stop my game from launching.

I apologize if this request is off topic, but I did discover that Pete Shinners' fine product SolarWolf does not exhibit this problem. I thought he was using py2exe for his build too?

Perhaps he, or someone else can shed light on a solution. I'm more of a mac guy and don't understand enough of the way py2exe produces its dist.

Keith Nemitz
Mousechief