Re: [pygame] Introducing Pygame Launcher alpha

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:59:04 -0700, Pete Shinners <pete@shinners.org> wrote:

> This sounds great. I want to look into your implementation. It seems
> like most of this could be done with a ZIP file renamed to .pyg. There
> could be a special "main.py" that gets imported and executed.

That's pretty much how it's currently done. :)

> The ideas about versioning aren't bad either. It would be nice to at
> least check for some sort of incompatability and inform the user before
> getting to some strange exception.

That's the plan.

I put up a temporary wiki at http://mango.kangas.jyu.fi:8888/pyglaunch
(though it's a bit out-of-date already) so feel free to contribute any
ideas. I also have a Subversion repository for the code, but I'll have
to move the wiki and svn to somewhere else soon. I'm not technically
allowed by my ISP to keep open servers on my machines.

--
Sami Hangaslammi