From: owner-pygame-users@seul.org [mailto:owner-pygame-users@seul.org]
On Behalf Of Pete Shinners
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 7:59 AM
To: pygame-users@seul.org
Subject: Re: [pygame] pygame for commercial use

pygame@slippypeople.com wrote:
> Hello, I am hoping that some experienced pygame users/developers might
be able
> to suggest some of the ramifications of using pygame in a commercial
setting.
> I'd really like to know what the barriers are. For instance, a
particular
> component has an overly restrictive license, a necessary feature is
lacking,
> etc.

The license for Python, Pygame, and all the dependencies is friendly
towards commercial projects. Pygame itself (and SDL) are licensed under
LGPL. This basically means you can use Pygame without modification in
any closed source projects. It's possible to package a project written
in Pygame to appear the same as any native written game, even on most
platforms.