Re: [pygame] pygame for commercial use

pygame@slippypeople.com wrote:
Hello, I am hoping that some experienced pygame users/developers might be able to suggest some of the ramifications of using pygame in a commercial setting. I'd really like to know what the barriers are. For instance, a particular component has an overly restrictive license, a necessary feature is lacking, etc.
The license for Python, Pygame, and all the dependencies is friendly towards commercial projects. Pygame itself (and SDL) are licensed under LGPL. This basically means you can use Pygame without modification in any closed source projects. It's possible to package a project written in Pygame to appear the same as any native written game, even on most platforms.