[pygame] RenderUpdate changes in pygame 1.7?

Hello!

In pygame 1.6, I have a collection of sprites in a RenderUpdate group,
and my code looks like this:

for i in myCollection:
   blah

Now, in pygame 1.7 I get an error when this code is running.
typeerror: iteration over non-sequence

From my debugging, I know that at that point in the code,
myCollection is a <RenderUpdates(3 sprites)>

This code has worked perfectly in the past (on pygame 1.6) and i think
the only difference is I'm now running python 2.4 and pygame 1.7.

And I don't think anything changed my end between versions of pygame.
Was there a change to the internal structure of some of the sprite
groups? Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks,
Luke