Re: [pygame] Pitcher's Duel Batter Demo needs testers

On 10/9/05, R. Alan Monroe <amonroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So after a couple months of trial and error (and a couple months of
> interstate relocating), here is a more hittable version of the batter demo.
> Please download, try it, and let me know how it works for you. I am

I made contact 4 or 5 times in about 100 swings this time. 90% of my
failures were due to time, not altitude or azimuth.

I was wishing after an unsuccessful swing that the mouse would rotate
the world around home plate a-la bullet time, so I could see the
position of the pink phantom bat from all angles.

An update is on the sourceforge site, batterdemo.0.6.1.  It includes some bug fixes, and adds
the ability to drag the point of view using the mouse during the post-pitch and replay displays.
It also slows the replay down by 16 times or so, so that the passage of the ball with respect to the bat can be seen more clearly.

I don't recognize the name 'bullet-time'.  That is a product name?

I appreciate your help so far.
David

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=110483

Alan