Re: [pygame] Differences in behaviour between mac and windows

On 10/17/05, Darrell Stitt <Darrell.Stitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm about to buy a Mac and I'm wondering about the differences in mac vs
   windows as regards Pygame. Is there anything I need to be careful of
or is it just a matter of installing everything (eg 2.4.x) and running
with it?

It's fairly straightforward.  A search on this list or PythonMac will find lots of clues about what you need.  Once you have the basics up and running, most pygame source packages will run on the Mac with little or no modification.

The basics you need are:
- install the 2.4.1 "framework" build of python
- make sure the 2.4.1 binary you just installed comes ahead of the built-in python in your path
- install pygame, PyObjC, Numeric

There may be one intermediate step of installing Bob's TigerPython24Fix, I can't remember the exact circumstances when it's needed.

Of course, any games that rely on psyco for performance may not perform well on your Mac.

--
// jack
// http://www.nuthole.com