[pygame] pygame.transform.scale and anti-aliasing

Hi all

I am wondering about pygame.transform.scale together with anti- aliasing (PNG24). The original image looks smooth on the screen (just anti-aliased). As soon as I scale it down for example to the half size of the original size the shape of the scaled and blitted image looks like the anti-aliasing effect disappeared: The outline of the image shape is block-like and no more smooth.
I know by Internet that there are some functions "remvoing quality" from the image f.e. by rotate-zoom).
Is this the effect I experience or do I have to add some further functions after scaling to re-add the anti-aliasing effect?
And yes i know: blitting with anti-aliasing is slower. ;)

Any help is welcome

Greetings
Tyger