Re: [pygame] Checking For Pygame

I never tested it but you can try this:

try:
  calling simple pygame function

except:
  # ImportError
  import pygame

And Im also not sure about this (prove me wrong ;) ): If you create later on a py2exe or py2app it will be remove all the same modules to one, so the same module will not be loaded more than once. I think I read that once on a page. There are also module variables set you can check if a module is loaded.