Re: [pygame] Checking For Pygame

On 10/17/06, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's not clear what you mean by "unloaded" here.
There's still a reference to it in sys.modules, so
the module object will stay around for the life
of the program.

You're right, ofcourse. I was under the misunderstanding that modules within a function got - literally - unloaded when the scope ended, and the whole load-and-parse-mechanism for module-loading applied when re-entering the function.

I did not know that already imported modules - no matter in which
scope - resided in sys.modules until the end of the program are belong
to us.

Thanks.

-- - Rikard.